When should you schedule the inspection?
It is best to have the home inspected as early in the process as possible. It usually occurs after the contract is signed. During this time, it allows you to negotiate for repairs or in the worst-case scenario, back out of the contract.
Should you attend the inspection?
Absolutely! If at all possible, schedule the inspection at a time when you can attend. This will allow you to ask me questions as well as show you things that are found during the inspection.
How does a home inspection benefit you?
- It is an unbiased third party opinion by an expert in the field of home inspections
- It can give you peace of mind
- It will allow you to negotiate repairs with the seller if serious problems are found
- If only minor problems are found, then you can finalize the decision to purchase the home knowing the home you’re buying is in good condition
- The home inspection is a small investment that can potentially save you a lot of money
Please keep in mind that there is no perfect, problem-free home. Every home inspection will turn up at least some minor issues. The items regarding safety, fire, health hazards and structural issues should be of most concern.